Due to the recent changes in google policy, now new domains will need to provide Google Maps API before you can embed Google Map in your site. To help our beloved users adding the API to their domains, we developed a new feature that allow you to simply copy and paste the API key to the theme’s setting. However, you need to create Google Maps API key first to be able to use this feature. So this guide will show you how to get the API key and also use it in your site. without further ado, lets get started:
Setting Up Your Google Maps API Key
- Click ‘Get A Key’ button to generate your API key.
- Enter your project name (for example my eCommerce web), choose ‘Yes’ option, then click ‘Create and Enable API’.
- Wait a minute while Google generates your API key. After you get your API key, go to the API Console.
- You’ll be directed to the Credentials setting. Choose the HTTP referrers (web sites) option, then enter your website address in the required format. For example, my website is daffyhazan.com, then I’ll input it as *daffyhazan.com/*. Click the ‘Save’ button after.
- Now your API key is ready to use. Copy the API key then paste it into the available box from the theme setting.
- Done! Now you can use and customize Google Maps on your website.
Getting your Google Maps API key is not that hard at all. With the simple steps, you can easily access Google Maps feature on your website.