The use of product video is getting more popular for eCommerce. It is because product video helps to reassure the customer about the product even though they can’t check it physically. Many big eCommerce retails such as Amazon have been using product video to provide customers with as much information as possible about the products.
Furthermore, using product video as the eCommerce strategies it’s not only for the big retailers. In this article, you will learn how to boost your sales with product video in the right way.
Benefit of Using Product Videos
- Increase conversion
Yes, obviously product video can drive more sales. According to Animoto, 96% of US consumers find videos helpful when making purchase decisions online and 73% of US adults are more likely to purchase after watching the product video. It means video can effectively persuade visitors to buy the product. Because when they understand the product clearly, they won’t hesitate to buy it right away.
- Make product detail more captivating
Product video conveys the information to your customer better and more quickly. When they watch the video, your customers will be more engaged and have a better idea about the product. This way you can also captivate the customers even though they are lazy to read the details. Instead of only using text and images, it will be better to show the product in action.
- Reduce return rate
As the video shows your product in real use, your customers can be more certain about their expectation. The common issue for shopping online is that people become disappointed when they receive their purchase. It is because the product doesn’t meet their expectation, and then they will return the product. With product video, you can prevent this issue and reduce the return rate.
- Further improve of SEO
When you search something on Google, the search result will be a mix of the web list (which is the regular results), video, image, news, maps, and other mediums. If you create a video, there’s a chance that the video search result will include your video, which can be a good thing for SEO ranking of your eCommerce. In fact, according to Search Engine Land, videos show up 14% of the time in search results.
- More shareable
A video will simplify your work to promote your eCommerce as it tends to get more shared and clicked than plain text. Moreover, you can increase the social sharing which is good for the SEO and social proof. Dollar Shave Club is the example of how they can build their brand by creating product video that was viral.
Product Video You Can Create
You need to choose the right video for your products. Here are a few types of product video you can try to create:
- Product demo, which shows the product in detail and from different angles. You can see this video on fashion eCommerce such as ASOS and Zappos.
- How-to, which let viewers learn to use the product along with its function. You can see this video on various eCommerce such as Sephora and Tassimo.
- Review, which let people watch customers’ opinion about the product. This video can build more authority and trust for your potential buyers. The Body Shop create review product videos that feature beauty bloggers who use and review the products.
Whatever type you choose, product video should answer these questions:
- What are the key features of the product?
- How can those key features solve the problems?
- What questions that are frequently asked by the customers about the product (e.g. product variation)?
- Is there any story that would make your product more appealing?
Start with a small budget before you invest a lot for product video. If you can’t do it by yourself, you can search for help on Fiverr for the low cost. And when you’re ready to invest more, you can get help from professional video marketing service.
Best Practice Tips
- Determine how and where you want to use it: Is it going to be on the product page or will be a greeting video when people arrived at the homepage? If you’re using Upscale, you can easily assign product video on your website in the designated place.
- Encourage people to view: Make sure that people can easily view it; accompany it with button and engaging thumbnail.
- Keep it short and high quality: Keep it as short and informative as it can be. Also, make sure your video is high quality enough to show.
- Optimized for SEO: Allow search engines to index video content on your pages by inputting the video metadata.
- Optimized for mobile: Check if the product video can be properly viewed on the mobile version.
Using product videos on your eCommerce website will lead you to better conversions and take your business to the next level. Even a simple video showing the products in use can take away some of that hesitation from the buying process.
Have you tried implementing product video on your eCommerce website? What do you think of using product video? Don’t hesitate to share your experience in the comment section below!